Make your own free website on

Thackley Sports F.C

Sports V Milford
The Squad
Player Profiles
Results & League Tables
Photo Gallery
Latest Match Report

Thackley Sports V Milford 

Thackley Sports V Milford FC.




With this clash being billed as the top of the table clash, the Thackley side once again was thrown into disarray before KO, with news of unavailable players. Richard Harrison replaced the injured Stevo in goal, whilst Damion Vozniak came in for his first start, replacing Jason Rhodes. With Daz Castell on holiday, Darren Stoneman got himself out of bed and took a place on the bench.


Unlike the previous week Thackley started off brightly dominating the opening exchanges, and it was no surprise that from a corner by Andy Midgley,  Paul Clarke headed in our first goal after 10 mins 1-0. As with other weeks Thackley dominated the first 25 mins, with Milford rarely attacking our goal. It was to be the same old story though; a corner from Milford somehow managed to go straight in 1-1. 


From there the game turned, with the bald headed, moustache wearing scouse biker lookalike, with his chimpanzee on the touchline, leading the Milford fight, the Sports were put under immense pressure, and once again our inability to defend set pieces cost us dear from another corner, 2-1. H/T


Playing up hill in the second half often helps, and once again the Sports started the brightest, and really continued to do so, throughout the half. The defending had improved from the week before and with Andy Midgley, Craig Lumley and Paul Chell getting a lot of ball, we continued to dictate the game. Then, as it looked like it was going to one of those days, Thackley were awarded a penalty, up stepped Captain Andy Midgley to coolly slot the ball home to level the match. 2-2


Milford had began to pull themselves back into the game, with a few fine saves from Richard Harrison in net, kept the Sports in it, with the constant pressure being put on the Milford side, in was inevitable that the possibility of a breakaway could happen, and it did. A Milford clearance led to Thackley being out numbered at the back, and a great save from Harry initially, wasn’t enough to stop them going ahead 2-3.


With the clock ticking Manager Stevo changed the formation putting Craig Lumley in his more familiar position up top in a front three, and Darren Stoneman coming in to replace Daniel Wilde. The pressure was there and the chances came, but we failed to capitalise on the chances we had. And the final whistle blew ending the game.


In a game where, in my opinion, the best side lost, the Sports played for 70 mins this week, unlike the 45 the week before, and against a side that in all honestly do not have the talent that the sports side have, but never the less the got the result. With no one to blame as far as team areas go, we have to continue to play the way we know. For the first time we have tasted defeat, lets hope we don’t taste it again.


MOM: Andy Midgley – Worked all over the pitch and tried to drive the team on in the second half.


Enter supporting content here

Up The Sports!